It is never too late...
How many times have you not done something because of the fear of not knowing how. The best way to build confidence and self esteem is to learn a new skill especially at mid age. Challenging yourself to face the fear of not knowing how to do something or possibly being the oldest one in your group, will lift you to new heights. This goes for all ages of course. It is not only great for your self esteem and confidence, but learning something new also raises your serotonin levels. Yes, it makes you happy!
Read my blog about my cooking experience with Chef Lynn Crawford.
1. a realistic respect for or favorable impression of oneself; self-respect.
2. an inordinately or exaggeratedly favorable impression of oneself.
Here are 12 ideas to a happier and healthier you.
• Learn a new language, Spanish is a great choice
• Release your inner artist - Take a painting or art class
• Learn to row or join a dragon boat team
• Join a ukulele class
• Take a cooking class, try different cultures
• Learn to golf
• Take a writers workshop
• Do standup comedy
• Volunteer at something that challenges you
• Learn to knit or quilt
• Take dance class- try belly dancing
• Learn tai chi
Dianna Bowes is the founder of Fabulous@50 and the editor of Be Fabulous! Magazine.
Dianna was the winner of the 2011 YWCA Women of Distinction Award in the Turning Point category and the 2014 Leader of Tomorrow Business Award. She is a creative soul, who loves connecting people and embracing life. Travel, great food, family, friends and a long bike ride on a sunny day is her definition of great life.